Saturday, November 15, 2014

Typical Idiots:

So, I am at the smoke shop today that I frequent everyday to buy items.  The clerk rings the cost up to $27.89.  I pay with debit and don't think twice about it until I am at home when it occurs to me that $27.89 is the wrong tally.

The correct tally on the items that I buy is $37.64.  I buy two smoke packs at $8.75 each after tax, which equals $17.50: but, the register always charges $17.49 for the two smoke packs that I buy.

I also buy a twelve pack of beer at either $17.62 or $17.86, depending on the pricing quotas which are constantly changing at the smoke shop or else any shop even if there are no tax hikes.  Today, I also buy a cigarette paper pack at $1.53 after tax.

The math on the items equals something close to or exactly $37.64, but the clerk charges my debit card $27.89 for the items.  The difference in tally cost and actual price is $9.75 when the difference should be $8.75 on the tally of one smoke pack that the clerk does not register.

There is a discrepancy in not only the actual tally and the charge tally of $27.89, but also an unaccounted for $1 in the difference between $9.75 and $8.75 on the price of one smoke pack after tax that was not registered by the clerk.

I call the store and ask for one of the managers whom I know and with whom I am friendly to explain, but the managers have left for the day.  The clerk who serves me at the register in the previous hour when I am buying the items answers and tells me that the managers have left for the day.

So, I explain to the clerk the math with his register when I purchased the items in the previous hour and he says: "nope.  I charged you the correct price.  I rang both smoke packs."

I tell him that the math don't lie and he hangs up.  I am going up there tomorrow with a résumé when the managers are there.

I remember in Ballard, Seattle at the radio store buying a radio with my mother that the clerk at the radio store tried to short change my mother by $35 on a radio.  I remember telling my mother: "count the change before you put that money away," and she did to find it $35 short in change.  You better believe that the clerk was shocked to be caught!  He paid.  And, at the time during 1996 when I lived in Ballard and my mom and me were buying a radio: I had just been diagnosed with schizophrenia.

Always count your money, even out of the ATM! 

No comments:

Post a Comment